Friday, February 1, 2013

January Summary

Yay, its finally February.  I get to celebrate my 37th birthday this month and I know it'll be a good month.  But this post is to look back at January.  Starting on January 1st I knew I had to shake off the lack of running I had for the end of December.  I started the month on New Years day running bridge intervals to start to prepare for the Clearwater Halfathon.  I realized how much the bridges were going to kick my butt.
I stayed pretty steady with my training runs, but I didn't get in enough speedwork or tempo runs.

I only ran one race this month, the Clearwater Halfathon.  I feel like I did relatively well.  I was about six minutes over my PR, but it just means I need to work harder for the next race.

Looking ahead to February, I hope to join the Half Fanatics on the 2nd at the Best Damn Race.  Following that race Jenny and I will run the mini-marathon 5k at the Rock and roll Half Marathon in St. Pete on the 10th.

January Mileage - 71.0
Annual Goal - 800
Remaining miles - 729

No comments:

Post a Comment