Monday, March 4, 2013

February in Review

February was a tale of two months for me.  I ran two races and got a PR in both of them, but my overall mileage was way down for the month.

I started off the month with the Best Damn Race and snagged a new half Marathon PR.  I had an official time of 2:11:48, which was an improvement of more than five minutes over my old PR.

The next weekend I ran in the St. Pete Rock N' Roll Mini Marathon, which is a 5k. I completed this in 28:05, which bested my previous 5K PR by 40 seconds!

The rest of the month I didn't run nearly as much.  I celebrated my 37th birthday during the month and scaled back on my running quite a bit.  I'm trying to hit at least 65 miles a month, but in February I only reached 42. 8 miles.  I intend to improve on this in March.

Coming up in March I have two races scheduled.  I am running a 5K and a Half Marathon.  I'm hoping to continue to PR each race, but I also am going to continue to enjoy each run.

February Miles - 42.8
Annual Goal - 800
Remaining Miles - 686.2

No comments:

Post a Comment