Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 2019

Following a busy 2018, I jumped into 2019 with plans to stay just as busy.

For my first race of the year, I ran in the 2018 Tempa Resolution Run on January 6.  It took place at Al Lopez Park in Tampa.  It was a nice morning or a run with the starting temperature around 54 degrees.  
It was the first race for me in 3 weeks so I was ready to go.  I took off strong and ran through the first water stop and soon I hit mile 1.  I checked my watch and did my first mile in a (fast for me) 9:41.  I felt good and decided to keep pushing.  I pushed harder and decided to see how I could do.  Coming around the final two turns I knew I had a chance to have my best 5k finish time in a long time.  I crossed the line in 29:40, which was the first time I broke 30 minutes since October 2013.
For this race I wore my InknBurn Run or Die Fire Skull shirt.
 



For my next race I went to Mobile, Alabama for the Mobile Half Marathon on January 13. I hadn't run a half marathon in Alabama yet so it adds yet another state to my list.
It was a great start temperature around 52 degrees at the start.  This was fairly small race, but it seemed to be well organized.  For the beginning of the race I felt well but I wanted to pace myself so I could finish strong.  I pushed through and slipped in with a pace group for the marathon and that kept me from thinking about the pace I was on.  I finished the race in 2:24:19, which was the fastest I finished a half marathon since December 2014!  It was my 63rd lifetime half marathon and my 11th state!
I wore my InknBurn Falcon Tech shirt.













The weekend of January 19th and 20th I went to St. Pete Beach for the St. Pete Beach Classic.  For this race I ran the Marathon Challenge, which was a 10k and 5k on Saturday morning, a 3.8 mile beach run on Saturday evening, and a half marathon on Sunday morning for a total of 26.2 miles for the weekend.
For the 10k and 5k on Saturday it was a beautiful morning so I wanted to just get going, but I knew I had to hold back to finish the rest of the weekend.  I finished the 10k in 1:12:02 and the 5k in 37.40.  I rested for a few hours and then had to run the beach run.  During the afternoon the wind picked up and it started to cool down.  The beach run was an out and back run on the beach.  There was a strong headwind on the out portion of the run so that was a struggle.  On the way back we had a nice tailwind though.  I finished the race in 50:06, but it was a hard run, and took a lot out of me.
Overnight severe storms came in and it stormed all night.  The rain stopped by race time, but there was a steady 20 mike an hour wind.  It was a tough run, but I managed to finish in 2:48:36.  IT was my 64th half marathon.
For the weekend I wore my InknBurn Brick tech, my InknBurn Retro Surf Tech and my InknBurn Magnum Pi tech.
 

 



Overall it was a strong month and a great start for 2019!


No comments:

Post a Comment