Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Half Marathon Training

So far I have run 3 5K races and have two more over the next 2 weekends.  I am also training for my first Half Marathon, which will be the Space Coast Half Marathon on November 25th.  When I decided to enter it I had never run farther than 4 miles at a time and only had 7 weeks until the race!
I have now extended my longest run to be 11 Miles and hope to get a 12 mile run in before the race.

My biggest challenge are my knees.  I hurt my left knee back in high school and running tends to hurt if I'm not wearing a knee brace.  On my long runs I have been feeling some pain so at times I need to cut my runs short.  I plan on overcoming this and running a great race though!  Once I run this Half Marathon I have 3 more that I have entered between January and March, so I'll have chances to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment