Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Summary

October was the month I really started focusing on my training for my upcoming Space Coast Half Marathon.  I worked hard to increase my mileage while at the same time improve my pace.  I also set up a training plan that for the most part I have stuck with very well.  I run Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and then go for a long run on Sundays.

During the month I ran one 5K race and I again ran it for a PR again.  I almost broke 30 minutes for this race, which is my next 5K goal.I came up just shy of my monthly goal of 80 miles, but I'm happy with my results.  I was able to run a 10 mile and 11 mile long runs in the month so it increased my confidence in completing a longer race.

Looking forward to November it will be a busy month.  I have the Blue Moon 5k on November 4th and then its off to Disney World for Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k on November 10th.  We also plan on running in the St. Petersburg Time Turkey Trot 5k on November 22nd.  The month will end with the Space Coast Half Marathon on November 25th.

October Mileage - 78.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment