Sunday, November 18, 2012

One week until my first Half Marathon

Next Sunday I will run my first Half Marathon at the Space Coast Half Marathon.  I decided to run this race with 8 weeks to prepare for it. I raised my mileage and have been very consistent with my training.  Last week after the 5K at Disney I ran 10 miles on Monday.  The first 6.5 were great, and then my right knee suddenly started hurting badly.  I finished the last 3.5 miles and made it home.  It was my IT Band that was causing the pain so I decided to take a few days to rest.
I got a new knee brace for my right leg to try to help prevent the pain.  I waited until Friday to run again and put in about 3.5 miles and it felt great.  I ran again today and put in 10 miles.  It was a little slower than I was intending to run but I had minimal pain so it was good.
Now I just have one week until the actual race.  This week I'll run on Tuesday and on Thanksgiving morning Jenny and I will run in the 5K Turkey Trot race in Clearwater.  On Saturday we'll go to the Kennedy Space Center for the Race Expo and the Spaghetti dinner.  Sunday the race starts at 6:16and hopefully by 10AM I'll he a Half Marathoner!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard SUCH amazing things about SpaceCoast! Definitely jealous. Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete