Monday, October 22, 2018

Fall Running Season

So its starting to become more fall like here in Florida.  While the rest of the country starts to hibernate, here in Florida the running season picks up steam.

I have run in a few races over the last couple of months, but starting this weekend my half marathon season starts.

In August I ran in the Fort Hamer Bridge 10k.

 










This was a pretty strong 10k for me, especially since it didn't even start until 8AM on a Saturday in August.  I was able to complete it in 1:09:39.  For me, it was the first race of my fall racing season.

Following a weekend in Baltimore over Labor Day weekend that didn't include any running, I came back and ran in the PB&J 10k in Clearwater on September 22nd.  This was the second year of this race and its a tough one over the Clearwater Memorial Causeway and back.  It was a warm morning, but I was still able to complete the 10k in 1:15:24.

The next weekend was filled with racing.  On Saturday, September 29th I ran in the Thin Mint Sprint 5k and the Tagalong Trot 1 Miler benefiting the Girl Scouts. 
For the 5k I was intending to take it slower, but I ended up running a strong 5k (for me) finishing in 32:51.  I  then ran the 1 miler in 9:45.  Because of the type of race it is I actually ended up with a decent finishing place of 10th of 27 for my age group.

The next day, September 30th I ran in the  4th Annual Fort Desoto 15k.  This was a hot day for a race on a race course with almost no shade.  I pushed through and finished in 1:51:45, which I was pretty happy with.













As I said earlier, this weekend starts the Half Marathon portion of my race schedule.  I will be running in my 59th lifetime Half Marathon at the Halloween Halfathon at Fort Desoto in Florida.  I am very undertrained, but I am going to fight through it and take one more step towards my 100th Half, which I want to finish in 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment