Monday, December 31, 2012

Good Riddance 2012!

2012...I'm happy to see you go. It was a difficult year to get through.  There were some good parts though.

-We sailed on the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Fantasy.  This was a fantastic trip that we got to experience with friends of ours as well.  Dee and Andy and Chuck and Janice made this voyage fantastic.  The trip would have been great no matter what but this made it even better.We hit Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya.  I also got to meet John Lasseter!

Our dining companions for the Fantasy Maiden Voyage

Disney Fantasy in Costa Maya

Meeting John Lassater!

ATV excursion in Costa Maya

Sail Away for the Fantasy Maiden Voyage

-In June we got to experience a dinner in the Great Movie Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios!  This was an event put on by Tables in Wonderland and thankfully we got selected to do it this year.  We walked through the opening rooms and had hor d'oeuvres and cocktails in the Gangster scene and then entrees in the Western scene.  We then walked through the rest of the ride and had deserts in the Wizard Of Oz scene.



Drinking during Prohibition

Our dinner table, right in front of John Wayne!
Ripley, Don't shoot!!
Snakes!  Why did it have to be snakes!
Glinda

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

-In May we started running.  We used a Couch to 5K program to get started.  At first I could barely go 30 seconds, but I grew to like running and I think it will be a lifetime activity now

-In August we hosted the annual BBQ for our group of friends from around the world who we affectionately call the "Fools".  We had more than 40 people at our house from all over the USA, Canada and even the Isle of Man.  The event also included attending a Tampa Bay Rays game.

Some of the attendees at the Fools BBQ
-In August I ran in my first race.  It was a 5k, and I struggled but I was happy to finish it.  For the year I ran in 8 5K races, 2 10K races and 1 Half-Marathon.

-In November I completed my first Half Marathon and had a great time.  I beat my personal goal by 13 minutes and cannot wait to run another Half Marathon.

My first Half Marathon!
-In December I was lucky enough to see an Eddie Vedder concert in Clearwater.  It was a great show and now I can't wait until all of Pearl Jam tours again.

-In December we also were able to take my Mother on her first cruise when we took a 3 day Disney Cruise to Nassau.


Looking ahead to 2013 I am hopeful for a great year.  I have a few personal goals for the year:

-I want to run at least 800 miles in 2013
-I want to run at least 7 Half Marathons in 2013.  I already have signed up for 3.
-I want to continue to get in better shape.
-I want to continue to enjoy running and hopefully get to do it with friends.
-I want to always take time to be with those that I love.

Here's to a great 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment